Don’t get caught blocking the trails for other cyclists. Review the rules of the road — trail — with your kids to be courteous and safe.
Jason Kunz, marketing manager of Eddy’s Bike Shop, with locations in Stow, Montrose, North Olmsted and Willoughby Hills, and a veteran cyclist with 20 years on the trail, shares the basics.
- Go single file on the trail;
- Follow the same directions you would in a car on the trail, don’t ride in the middle;
- Bookend the kids — have one parent bike in front and one in back of your kids;
- Make sure the person at the head of your group has a bell — when you are about to pass other riders or pedestrians, ring the bell to let them know you’re there;
- When stopping to see something along the way, move your bikes off the trail; and
- Enjoy yourself.