Hello! My name is Melissa and I’m a 30-something working mom living in Northeast Ohio. A New York native, I moved to Ohio in 2007 and have lived in Cleveland since. I lived downtown for six years, and recently moved to the suburbs. When I’m not working full-time as an agency marketing communications professional, I can be found running (sometimes literally chasing my kids), baking, reading or writing on my blog, I Crashed The Web.
Here are some fun facts about me and my family:
1. I’m part of an organization called the Ladies Craft Beer Society. One of my friends founded it and we meet once a month to do a craft and drink a craft beer. When it first started, none of us had kids and a few of us weren’t married. Now nearly all of us have kids, are pregnant and/or are married/engaged!
2. I was born in New York City and lived in Staten Island before my parents moved up to Albany. I grew up in a suburb outside Albany, N.Y.
3. My husband and I met at college in Boston. He’s originally from Cleveland, which is how I ended up here.
4. My son and my daughter are 23 months apart.
5. I’m a self-proclaimed social media junkie. I started my blog in 2008, am a founder of the @InTheCLE Twitter account and helped co-found the Cleveland Social Media Club when I first moved here.
6. I come from a small family — I have one brother and only two cousins. My husband’s family is much larger — he has five siblings and too many cousins to count! (Maybe 9? More?)
7. I love to run. I have been an ambassador for the Cleveland Marathon for several years. Last year, I ran the 5k/10k challenge series at 39 weeks pregnant.
I am a somewhat new mom, as my oldest son is still under the age of three. It was after he was born that I started reading Northeast Ohio Parent and found the rich and diverse blogging community. I’m so excited to be part of this growing community of bloggers and to share my point of view as a new mom, a transplant and showcase everything REAL about being a parent.