North Ridgeville, OH
Nestled on a beautiful 93-acre campus in North Ridgeville, Lake Ridge Academy is the only independent K-12 school on Cleveland’s west side. Our students travel from 40 towns to receive an exceptional college preparatory education and join our caring community.
Families are drawn to the strong academic programs, engaging faculty, and 8:1 student to teacher ratio, which creates an educational environment that fuels a student’s passion for learning. Our renowned curriculum is delivered by a dedicated and motivated faculty that uses hands-on learning approaches to shape engaged students into critical thinkers. The Centers of Excellence, our academic pillars, fosters creative and innovative thinking to best prepare students for the future, while offering college-level experiences for high school students passionate about science, engineering, fine arts or global studies.
The Center for Scientific Exploration and Research uses a STEAM curriculum to build a solid foundation in biology, chemistry, physics and engineering, and offers the most advanced high school fabrication lab in the region. An expanded robotics program is also part of our K-12 curriculum. Upper School students can conduct independent two-year laboratory research project through the Institute for Scientific Research. Those interested in engineering can conduct an independent, client-driven engineering project in the Institute for Engineering and Innovation.
The Center for Fine Arts supports the developing skills in music, voice, dance, theater and visual arts through an Orff-Schulwerk approach to music education in our Lower School and cumulates to the School of Fine Arts for Upper School students seeking more artistic training.
The Center for Global Citizenship builds political acumen, cultural literacy and empathy. Upper Schoolers can tackle a two-year immersion research project in the Global and International Studies Program.
Hallmarks of a Lake Ridge Academy education include:
- 93-acre campus is our outdoor classroom
- 44% multi-cultural student population
- World languages begin in Kindergarten
- More fine arts courses offered than any other school in Northeast Ohio
- 70% of students participate in one or more of our over 20 Middle and Upper School athletic teams
- 3 seniors named National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalists in 2019
- 100% of graduates attend a four-year college or university
- Our 39 graduates in the Class of 2019 earned $3 million in college scholarships
- Approximately 70% of families receive tuition assistance.
Go back to directory.