While we make every effort to ensure events are up-to-date, some may have been postponed or canceled due to precautions concerning the coronavirus. We recommend checking with the venue or organization before attending any of the following events.
- This event has passed.
An event every week that begins at 12:00 am on Saturday, repeating until July 17, 2021
Make arts, action, and adventure a part of your family’s weekend routine with YAY! Saturdays. Each YAY! features three zones with free children’s activities that rotate each week so you can choose your own adventure. All activities are free, geared toward K-8 students and their families, and will take place on Wade Oval in University Circle.
Online registration is recommended, but not required, and COVID-19 precautions will be in place. Masks are required for individuals ages 2 and up at all times except when consuming food and drink.
- 10-20-minute workshops and excursions led by museums and educational partners that will get your mind working while you have fun
- Activities geared towards K-8 students with some fun for grown-ups too
- Discovery Zone Partners include Center for Arts-Inspired Learning, Children’s Museum of Cleveland, Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank, The Cleveland Museum of Art, Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Hawken School, Literary Cleveland, Nature Center at Shaker Lakes, Rainey Institute, and Sears think[box]
SHAPE UP ZONE
- In-person fitness classes for all ages, health & wellness activities, and yard games for K-8 students
- 10:00 a.m.- Yoga Classes led by ZENworks Yoga
11:30 a.m. – Dance Cardio Class led by One to One Fitness at Case Western Reserve University
- Pre-registration is highly encouraged for fitness classes
- Shape Up Zone Partners include ZENworks Yoga, DevahD Cycling, The Music Settlement, and One to One Fitness at Case Western Reserve University
- Free live music, theater, and dance performances with food and drink for purchase
- Performances on the Kulas Stage at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., and 12:30 p.m.
- Fan Zone Partners include 10K Movement, Great Lakes Science Center, Talespinner Children’s Theatre, Center for Arts-Inspired Learning, Cleveland Institute of Music, and the Rainey Institute
In addition to our “Zone” partners, UCI would like to thank the following organizations for their support of YAY! Saturdays: Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Footpath Foundation, and Ingenuity Cleveland.
Each week, children can enjoy a Story Walk around Wade Oval, courtesy of UCI’s Community Education department. Pages from children’s books will be printed on signs and placed at intervals to encourage families to walk around and read the stories. The books will change each week and will feature Black authors and illustrators. In addition to the Story Walk, UCI has partnered with the Cleveland Kids’ Book Bank and other organizations to provide free books to event attendees.
Find the best family-friendly events in Greater Cleveland! Also be sure to Like us on Facebook where we giveaway Free tickets to great events like these.