Northeast Ohio Parent is always looking for talented pros to join the team! Do you share a passion to help us connect with local families through our magazine, website, newsletter, social media and local events?
We look for top-notch writers, photographers, designers, sales people, customer service and social media pros, and more.
Please send your resume or job history and salary expectations to [email protected]
This is a part-time, primarily work-from-home position with a flexible schedule that totals approximately 25-30 hours per month. The ideal candidate is someone who loves copy editing and is passionate about covering local stories focused on resources for families and children in Northeast Ohio.
Northeast Ohio Parent magazine is a local and national award-winning monthly publication that provides the best local resources and information to families in the region.
The editor’s main responsibility is to copy edit the magazine before print publication. Duties include:
Ensure magazine copy is free of errors, including spelling and punctuation, and fact-check all names, places, websites, references, etc.
Work with editor to create headlines/subheads.
Proofread all magazine layouts. Work with the editor and designers to finalize publication copy before the press deadline.
Work with the editor on story and art content for the print publication.
Attend once a month editorial monthly planning and production meetings (virtual or in-person)
Ideally, this person will be interested in writing stories and helping cover local events for print or online platforms, as needed and assigned by the editor.
We are looking for the editor with the following:
Strong proofreading skills are required.
Proficient in grammar and AP Style.
Strong communication and people skills.
Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings during magazine production.
Is organized, a self-starter, and able to work independently.
Strong knowledge in journalism and accurate reporting, including interviewing, writing, and research.
Journalism or copy editing background is preferred.
- Digital content expertise a plus!
Working with Publisher in overall development, planning and execution of events for Northeast Ohio Parent to create fantastic experiences for vendors and attendees.
This position is an independent contractor, part-time role with the ability to work remotely. Hours fluctuate based on seasonality and average about 45 hours a month. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Primary liaison to sponsors, exhibitors, event venues, performers, city management, and other parties.
- Plan all event layouts and logistics.
- Serve as on-site, day of event point person for set up, greeting vendors, organizing staff, crisis management, coordinating prizes, and assisting in set up and tear down.
- Organize all staffing and volunteers
- Develop and execute all components of each event themes
- Create all registration forms for vendors and serve as primary channel of communication with vendors.
- Develop and execute all Promotional Plans to build attendance for events. Work with graphic designer to create all promo pieces.
- Write brief articles promoting the events and post to company website and other media
- Handle all social media for events – pre-event, during events and post-event
- Utilize Eventbrite software to manage all attendee registrations.
- Manage all areas of virtual events platform for those events with a virtual component.
- Coordinate our presence at other area events with staffing, logistics, etc.
Scope of Events
Currently the events produced by Northeast Ohio Parent are as follows:
- March: Camp & Summer Programs Fair: East & West plus Virtual
- May – Sept.: Summer Event Series: Crocker Kids (5), Pinecrest PlayDays (4), Fun at First & Main (4)
- October: Education & STEM Expo: East & West plus Virtual