The Akron Symphony Orchestra’s popular Concerts for Kids series returns in May with “Musical Zoo.”
These 45-minute performances are geared toward children ages 2-6 and feature live music by the Akron Symphony Orchestra with visual storytelling by the Magical Theatre Company. Musical selections will include works from Carnival of the Animals, Baby Elephant Walk and The Wild Bears.
In addition, the Akron Zoo will offer educational pre-concert activities for the concert in Barberton and at The House of the Lord in Akron.
Concert dates are:
- May 9 and May 10 at the First Congregational Church in Hudson. Performances those days will be at 9:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- May 11 at the Lake Anna YMCA in Barberton. Pre-concert activities begin at 9:30 a.m., with the concert taking place at 10 a.m.
- May 12 at The House of the Lord in Akron. Pre-concert activities at 9:30 a.m., with the concert taking place at 10 a.m.
- May 14 at Temple Israel in Montrose. Performances that day will be at 9:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- May 15 at Queen of Heaven in Green. Performances that day will be at 9:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
- May 16 at Emmanuel Christian Academy in Akron. Performances that day will be at 9:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
General admission tickets for this family-friendly event are $6 for both children and adults. A ticket is required for every person through the door, regardless of age, and all attendees sit on the floor during the performance.
To order tickets or for more information, visit akronsymphony.org or call 330-535-8131.