Teens in grades seven through 12 should get their paints, pencil or play-doh ready. Mentor Public Library is hosting an art contest this summer.
The theme for both the library’s art contest and its Summer Reading program is Build a Better World.
The contest begins Thursday, May 25. Here are the rules:
- Drawings must stick to MPL’s summer reading theme, although teens can interpret the theme however they want.
- All art must be appropriate and cannot feature sex, violence or profanity.
- Fan art is encouraged but must fit the theme.
- All art must be given a title and submitted at the Reference Desk of MPL’s Main Branch, 8215 Mentor Ave., Mentor.
- All art must be turned in by July 15 to be considered for the contest.
The artwork will be on display at the library’s Main Branch this summer, and the winning artist will get a cool prize.