Halloween costume ideas are rolling in during dinner conversations as of late. It seems as though we just got into the groove of tackling back-to-school season, and just as quickly we are jolted straight into the holiday season. What’s spookier than the reality of time truly flying by?
Let’s slow things down and get in the kitchen with our kids, making these spooky and delicious Halloween treats!
These are spooky and silly all in one delicious bite. What’s even better, these brownies are made from box mix — and I am going to reveal to you my best kept secret on how to create the most incredibly decadent brownies at home! I’ve shared this brownie hack with friends and family, but now I have to share it with the world!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
- Purchase 2 boxes of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate (or Dark Chocolate) Brownie Mix
- In a large bowl, add both bags of brownie mix
- Next, add 2 eggs, 1 cup water + 2/3 cup avocado oil (If you do not have this, simply use vegetable oil)
- Whisk together until all ingredients are fully incorporated
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
- Let pan rest on a cooling rack for 2 hours before cutting
That’s it! Now, if you’d like to decorate these brownies like the mummy ones shown here, simply melt white chocolate chips and, using a fork, drizzle the melted chocolate back and forth over the brownie. Place googly eye sprinkles for a silly touch!
Ghostly Dirt Cups
The classic dirt dessert takes a spooky turn simply by adding a ghost marshmallow on top! Did I say these recipes were easy, or what?! Spooning and layering the dirt recipe into individual cups is a great way to present this sweet treat to your guests, and kids go CRAZY for them!
- With a handheld mixer, mix 1/4 cup room temperature butter + one 8 oz. package softened cream cheese + 1 cup powdered sugar
- Once that is incorporated, add in 3 1/2 cups of milk + 2 packages of vanilla instant pudding mix
- Once that is fully mixed, fold in one 12 oz. container of Cool Whip.
- Let the pudding mix set up for about 3-5 minutes. Scoop the filling into a gallon size bag – set aside
- In another gallon bag – crush up an entire box of Oreos.
- Cut the corner of the bag to pipe the filling in layers into each cup: filling, crushed Oreo, filling, crushed Oreo
- Place a darling little ghost on top and let set up in the fridge for at least an hour prior to serving.
I hope you all enjoy these simple, spooky treats. Make sure to tag @abby_thome + @neohioparent on social media when you make them!