The winter tradition has returned with the twin toboggan chutes at the Chalet in Mill Stream Run Reservation in Strongsville. Adventure-seekers can plunge down a 70-foot drop and travel along 700 feet of ice, reaching speeds up to 50 miles per hour. New this year, advanced reservations and facial coverings will be required. Reservations can be made online or by phone.
The toboggan chutes will be open through the first weekend in March during the following hours:
- Fridays: 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturdays: noon – 9 p.m.
- Sundays: noon – 5 p.m.
Cleveland Metroparks has also provided guests with these extra safety precautions and guidelines during COVID-19: (see the website for more requirements)
- The Chalet will operate this season with reduced capacity, using a reservation system.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations will be available on Chalet grounds.
- The Chalet grounds swing set will remain closed.
- The Chalet will frequently sanitize all high touch areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, doors and railings. Additionally, all Chalet employees are required to wear protective face coverings.
- Household members are permitted to ride on the same toboggan. Maximum of 4 riders per toboggan.
- Social distancing should be practiced between different households. Signage will assist with outdoor social distancing lines and one-way directional foot traffic.
- Guests should stay home if sick.
For more information on hours, admission and requirements to ride, visit clevelandmetroparks.com/