When it comes to summer fun, finding one activity that appeals to the whole family can feel like a monumental task. From the grumpy teen to the tiny tot, everyone has different expectations for making this break better than the last. You may be surprised to learn that Cedar Point is THE destination with enough variety to keep everyone smiling! It’s time for a new discovery. Or, a re-discovery of a classic favorite, from roller coasters to nostalgic boardwalk snacks.
Cedar Point in Sandusky is a no-brainer for Ohioans. But, while it may feel familiar, it isn’t the same park you remember from the past. Below are 10 reasons to re-discover Cedar Point this season:
1. You don’t have to call the babysitter.
Featuring three unique areas just for kids and 39 rides families can enjoy together, everyone, little ones included, can join the summer fun.
2. Adrenaline junkies will be thrilled – literally.
There are 18 world-class coasters to choose from, like the new Steel Vengeance, to get your heart pumping. It’s “The Roller Coaster Capital of the World” for a reason.
3. No need to choose between an amusement park and a water park this year.
4. Cedar Point is located on a stunning mile-long Lake Erie beach.
Home to one of the largest marina complexes in the Great Lakes, guests can parasail, rent wave runners or soak up the sun on the sand. Plus, summer-long special events keep the beach rockin’ from the afternoon into the late night hours.
5. You can leave your worries at home and spend the night in style.
6. Keep summer traditions alive.
Opened in 1870, Cedar Point is the second-oldest amusement park in North America, which means they’ve been putting smiles on guests’ faces for almost 150 years.
7. There are way more food options than just funnel cakes. (But those are pretty good, too.)
8. It’s a blast from day to night.
The fun doesn’t stop even after the sunset, with concerts, glow zones and a silent beach disco at Cedar Point Nights.
9. Unique experiences are built into the fun.
Try out glassblowing or candle-making for an experience unlike any other you’ve had at an amusement park before.
10. It’s so much more than an amusement park.
With so much variety in one place, Cedar Point is the all-in-one summertime destination. The hardest part? Convincing everyone to go home afterward.
Visit cedarpoint.com to learn more about how your family can re-discover Cedar Point this summer.