The Akron Symphony Orchestra’s 2018-19 concert season offers a repertoire of all-time favorites and a few surprises.
Highlights of the Classic Series include:
- Rimsky-Korsakov’s tale of adventure on the high seas, Sheherazade, on September 29
- Wagner’s The Ride of the Valkyries, with signature choruses of Verdi, on November 16
- Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 4, with guest conductor Benjamin Zander, on January 19
- Debussy’s masterpiece of Impressionism, La Mer, on February 9
- Strauss’ philosophical Also sprach Zarathustra and John Williams’ iconic Close Encounters of the Third Kind on March 16
- Beethoven’s heroic Symphony No. 3, Eroica, with the Akron Symphony Chorus, on April 6
- Bernstein’s beloved, genre-busting Broadway hit, West Side Story in Concert, on May 4
In addition to the Classic Series, the Akron Symphony also presents the ever-popular Home for the Holidays concert in December, Gospel Meets Symphony in February, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban In Concert in March.
All concerts take place at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, located on the campus of The University of Akron.
For more information or to purchase a subscription package, visit akronsymphony.org.