Got a lot of leftover Halloween candy? Trying to get in the mood for Thanksgiving? I have the perfect kid-friendly activity for you! This delicious craft/activity/treat requires just a few ingredients, many of which you probably already have on hand thanks to trick-or-treat (all we needed to buy were the Oreos!).
Candy Thanksgiving Turkeys
Here’s what you need to make six turkeys:
- 9 Oreos
- 36 pieces of candy corn
- 6 miniature Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 6 whoppers
- A little bit of frosting – I find the kind that’s in a tube is easiest to apply, otherwise you may need a toothpick to apply
Here’s what you do:
- Squeeze frosting on top of one Oreo and then place six pieces of candy corn, small tip down, in the icing between the cookies to create a semi-circle of candy corn. These are your feathers!
- Add some frosting to the large side of the peanut butter cup. Push the peanut butter cup onto the bottom half of the cookie. This is the turkey’s chest.
- Add some frosting to part of the whopper. Then attach this whopper onto the cookie, just above the peanut butter cup. This is the turkey’s head.
- Remove the orange part of the candy corn and attach it to the whopper with frosting. This is the beak.
- Twist one Oreo in half so you have a full cookie with crème, and (if needed, depending on how much crème is on top) add a little frosting on top of it. Place it down, frosting side up and add the other Oreo/turkey perpendicular to this.
- That’s it! You’ve assembled your turkey.