All eyes are on Cleveland this July as we host the 2019 MLB All-Star Game. An exciting part of the All-Star festivities this year will be PLAY BALL PARK, an interactive baseball festival. PLAY BALL PARK will take place inside and outside the Huntington Convention Center from Friday, July 5 through Tuesday, July 9.
The event has been designed for people of all ages, whether you are a die-hard baseball fan or new to the game. PLAY BALL PARK is an inviting atmosphere full of interactive features, allowing everyone to participate and become a part of the All-Star Game.
PLAY BALL PARK is divided into two areas. On the Malls outside the Convention Center are outdoor activities that are free for anyone. This year marks the first time that MLB has created an outdoor experience. They’ve also created something that is uniquely Cleveland, incorporating so much of our city’s culture and vibe into the entire event.
For the indoor portion, located inside the Convention Center, you’ll need to purchase a ticket. From what I saw, it’s worth more than the cost of admission. Both areas feature plenty of experiences that fans will love.
Be sure to download the MLB Ballpark App to fully experience many of the interactive experiences throughout the festival. Some of the features that MLB has created to engage fans, especially kids, are unbelievable. What’s available for fans headed downtown for the event?
- Interactive Player Walkup Music area
- Batting cages
- Pitching tunnels
- Baseball and softball clinics taught by MLB players, Legends, coaches, and Olympians
- A music stage outside the Convention Center, featuring Live Music and DJs
- All-Star Zipline, allowing you to fly over PLAY BALL PARK (extra cost)
- Local Food Trucks
- MLB Home Run Derby VR Tournament
- AR Alley: An innovative Augmented Reality (AR) experience available through the Ballpark App
- All-Star Video Game Zone with the latest MLB video games
- Rob a homer with the velcro suit and wall
- Visit the House of Cards, created using over 750,000 Topps baseball cards.
- Appearances by MLB All-Star Legends
- National Baseball Hall of Fame exhibits
- Negro Leagues Baseball Museum exhibits
- A Sneak Peek of The Jackie Robinson Museum opening later this year in New York
- Women in Baseball
- MLB Network Experience
- Q&A Sessions with players at The Clubhouse Stage
- Autograph sessions with MLB players and Legends
- All-Star Team Shop
- Food Courts
The All-Star Experience Pass
PLAY BALL Park is going to be visited by thousands of people. Something MLB has created to help fans experience as much of the event as possible is The All-Star Experience Pass.
Fans can sign up for the pass online for free. The Experience Pass allows you to sign up for experiences and wait in a virtual line, allowing everyone to enjoy other activities during the event without standing in long lines. Fans will receive a personalized QR code they can scan at the various attractions throughout the event. Fans signed up for the Experience Pass also are eligible for various prize giveaways, including tickets to the All-Star Game.
Adult tickets cost $25, and children’s and senior citizen’s tickets cost $18. There also are some discounts for families as well as military, first responders, and more. Click here to purchase tickets.
For guests with sensory issues, MLB and KultureCity have partnered to have a sensory-friendly vehicle at PLAY BALL PARK to provide sensory bags to those in need. The bags will include tools to provide comfort to fans who may be autistic, including noise canceling headphones, fidget spinners and more. Additionally, the vehicle will serve as a quiet room for guests visiting.
PLAY BALL PARK is going to be an incredible event for families to experience and it’s right in our own backyard. I know downtown is going to be packed with people, but don’t pass on this once in a lifetime experience. Click here for more information about PLAY BALL PARK and all of the All-Star Game events, or go to AllStarGame.com