Northeast Ohio Parent blogger Melissa Koski Carney of “I Crashed the Web” is always looking for dinners that are easy to make, take less than an hour, and have an easy cleanup. “This is one of those recipes,” she says. “I love sheet pan meals for their easy clean up and preparation. Swap out spices/herbs and veggies that your family likes for a crowd-pleasing, easy weeknight meal.”
Here’s what you need:
12 ounces of pre-cooked chicken sausage cut into ½-inch slices; I like Italian-style chicken sausage
1 medium sweet potato, sliced into 1/4-inch round slices
1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 lb. green beans with the ends cut off
2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 Tablespoons your favorite spice mix – I like to use 1 tb Italian seasoning and 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 tb smoked paprika and 1 tsp garlic powder, but this would be good with any of your favorite seasonings
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parmesan cheese to taste
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Toss your vegetables – sweet potato, cauliflower and green beans – with olive oil.
3. Spread sliced sausage and prepared vegetables on the baking sheet. Try not to overcrowd veggies.
4. Sprinkle everything with spices (Italian seasoning+garlic powder or paprika+garlic powder).
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, until vegetables and sweet potato are cooked through and as roasted as you like. Check at about 20 minutes and toss.
4. When done, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.