This holiday season, National Parenting Product Awards provides a 2019 Holiday Gift Guide with something for everyone. Grouped by category, these gift options can help you spark imagination and creativity in your kids while learning, laughing and creating memories with your whole family. (For more product reviews, visit nappaawards.com)
Fun & Learning
1. Botzees: An augmented reality robotics kit that combines construction, coding and creativity. Kit contains 130 uniquely shaped, easy-to-grip blocks, plus 30 interactive augmented reality puzzles. $99.99, ages 4+, pai.technology.
2. Moving Creations with K’nex: Learn to apply STEM principles just like an engineer using experiments and “Think Bigger” challenges. $39.99, ages 8-14, hand2mind.com.
3. PAW Patrol Learning Watch – Chase, Marshall, Skye: Interactive watches include four exciting games you can play to recognize patterns and identify animal tracks. It’s also a clock, timer, stopwatch and alarm. $14.99, ages 3-6, vtechkids.com.
4. Remote-Control Gear-Bot: Create and control your robot by connecting any combination of gears, claws and heads to a motorized base. $49.99, ages 4+, lakeshorelearning.com.
5. Novie: Train the Interactive robot to do more than 12 awesome tricks. $24.99, ages 6+, spinmaster.com.
6. Osmo Little Genius Starter Kit: Combines hands-on play of Friedrich Froebel’s and Maria Montessori’s manipulatives with advanced computer vision for a personalized and highly engaging experience. $79, ages 3-5, playosmo.com.
7. LeapBuilders ABC Smart House: Build, create and learn with this interactive 61-piece house-themed block set. $39.99, ages 2-5, leapfrog.com.
8. Beaker Creatures Alien Experiment Lab: Mix up some fun with slime science, fizz science and more. $19.99, ages 5+, beakercreatures.com.
9. Marbleocity 4-Bar Link: Use the hand crank or attach a motor (sold separately) to watch the marbles ascend and then flip-flop down again in this Monster brand toy. $24.99, ages 9+, playmonster.com.
10. Coding Critters: These interactive pets introduce critical-thinking, problem-solving and STEM skills. $39.99, ages 4+, learningresources.com.
11. Learn & Groove Shakin’ Colors Maracas: Includes three play modes that introduce colors, numbers and music in English and Spanish. $14.99, ages 6+ months, leapfrog.com.
12. Playfoam Pluffle: The Squishologists have formulated a brand new squish-sation that never dries out. $29.99, ages 5+, educationalinsights.com.
13. Crayola Spin and Spiral Art Station: Create spiralized art and spin art in a 2-in-1 kid-powered station. $19.99, ages 6+, shop.crayola.com.
14. Y’Art: Create amazing works of textured yarn art with the ease of coloring. $14.99, ages 8+, kahootz.com.
15. Kinetic Sand Sandisfying Set: Everything you need to create your own mesmerizing sand effects and make oddly satisfying videos. $19.99, ages 3+, kineticsand.com.
16. Cool Maker KumiKreator 2-in-1 Maker: Load the colorful spools into the machine, spin and create friendship bracelets and necklaces in minutes. $24.99, ages 8+, coolmaker.com.
17. Make Your Own Cross Stitch Wood Jewelry: Put a modern twist on the simple craft. $19.95, ages 8+, mindware.com.
18. Scribble Scrubbie Safari Oasis: Adorable, colorable and washable pet figures that kids can customize. $19.99, ages 3+, shop.crayola.com.
19. Blinger Diamond Collection: This new glam styling tool allows you to add gems to your hair, clothes and more. $19.99, ages 6+, wickedcooltoys.com.
20. Aquabeads Deluxe Studio: Set contains more than 1,300 jewel and solid beads in 24 colors to create 3D designs. $29.95, ages 4+, aquabeadsart.com.
21. Gifeez: Draw, color and customize your own GIFs. $19.99, ages 6+, spinmaster.com.
22. Cool Maker Go Glam Nail Stamper: Ultimate at-home nail kit to easily stamp and style custom manicures in minutes. $24.99, ages 8+, coolmaker.com.
23. My Fairy Garden Nature Cottage: Use the included seeds to grow a real garden on top and along the bottom. $29.99, ages 4+, playmonster.com.
24. Treasure Seekers Pirate Ship: Raise the anchor and search for hidden treasure. $39.99, ages 1.5+, vtechkids.com.
25. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Adventures Playset: Create your own Hot Dog Hills adventures. $34.99, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
26. DreamWorks ‘Spirit Riding Free’ Spirit & Lucky Grooming Paddock: Features an upstairs loft to drop hay into the nursery corral and washing station to give Spirit a bath. $39.88, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
27. Ariel Music & Lights Vanity: Includes a vanity, Flounder jar with lid and foam pad, play perfume bottle, tiara, earrings, play curling iron, dinglehopper brush, comb and four bands. $59.99, ages 3+, shopdisney.com.
28. American Girl Bowling Alley: Fully functional doll-sized alley, complete with lights, bowling sounds and score-keeping. $150, ages 8+, americangirl.com.
29. Build & Play Treehouse: Each charming piece is molded with realistic textures and vibrant details, snapping together with ease for frustration-free building. $49.99, ages 3+, lakeshorelearning.com.
30. KaBlocks Blast: Uses kinetic force, rather than air power, to blast soft foam blocks over 6 feet into the air. $39.95, ages 3+, mindware.com.
31. KidiGo Walkie Talkies: Keep in touch anywhere with these kid-safe, two-way radios. Include two-player games for real-time gaming between devices. $34.99, ages 4+, vtechkids.com.
32. Let’s Pretend Shopkeeper: With a chalkboard top, hanging sign and magnetic menu, this setup has plenty of opportunities for personalization. $129.99, ages 3+, kidkraft.com.
33. Disney Princess Style Collection Play Suitcase: Features real working wheels, a retractable handle and storage for included travel accessories.$39.99, ages 3+, jakks.com.
34. Dig It Up! Discoveries – Dragons: Chip and chisel to release 12 fantastical creatures from their golden eggs and learn about each one’s mystical powers in the discovery guide. $25.95, ages 4+, mindware.com.
35. Smart Sizzlin’ BBQ Grill: Attach the food pieces on the skewer and the grill will introduce food and colors. Turn the skewer lever to count along from 1-10. $39.99, ages 2+, leapfrog.com.
36. PLAYMOBIL Mars Space Station: All the tools needed for space exploration. $79.99, ages 6+, playmobil.us.
37. ‘Toy Story 4’ Buzz Lightyear Star Command Center: Have a blast in launch mode (upright) or flight mode (horizontal). Console panel converts into a desk. $119.99, ages 4+, jakks.com.
38. Automoblox: An innovative reinvention of the classic wooden toy car with buildable and mixable parts. $29.99, ages 4+, playmonster.com.
39. Sweet Raspberry Home: Newest addition to the Calico Critters’ Village, perfectly matching the detail and design of the Red Roof Cozy Cottage and Red Roof Country Home. $24.95, ages 3+, calicocritters.com.
40. Croco Jungle Research Station: Set off on a mission to discover rare species and secret treasures. $99.99, ages 5+, schleich-s.com.
Fun with Friends
41. Gigantosaurus Roar & Stomp Giganto: Features six points of articulation. $29.99, ages 3+, jakks.com.
42. Potter Hedwig Interactive Creature: This owl makes 12 unique sounds and responds to sounds by turning her head. $19.99, ages 4+, jakks.com.
43. Juno My Baby Elephant: With over 150 lifelike movements and sounds. $99.99, ages 5+, junomybabyelephant.com.
44. Disney Junior Minnie Walk & Dance Unicorn Feature Plush: Press Minnie’s hand to see Penelope dance. Attach Minnie’s hand to Penelope’s back and watch them walk together. $39.99, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
45. Playdate Ariel: She is beautiful, 32 inches tall, and lightweight and easy to carry around. $59.99, ages 3+, jakks.com.
46. Harry Monti Kids: A unique, at-home Montessori-based program designed and safety tested by experts, containing toys, parent guides, free access to online classes, one-on-one support and a private community moderated by internationally certified Montessori experts. $297 per level, ages birth-36 months, montikids.com.
47. Boppi the Booty Shakin’ Llama: Get the whole family dancing and laughing with Boppi, who shakes it like nobody is watching. $19.99, ages 3+, zuru.com.
48. Julie’s Pinball Machine: Go retro with this working, doll-size arcade game. $150, ages 8+, americangirl.com.
49. PJ Masks PJ Seeker: Be on the lookout for the Nighttime Villains and save the day. $59.99, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
50. JoJo Siwa Singing JoJo Doll D.R.E.A.M.: Sporting her signature double bow, this 10-inch doll sings her newest hit song, “D.R.E.A.M.” $19.99, ages 6+, justplayproducts.com.
51. #SNAPSTAR: Squad includes Lola, Aspen, Dawn, Yuki, Echo and Izzy. Use the app to glam up your doll and share with friends on social. $14.47, ages 5+, snapstartworld.com.
52. DreamWorks ‘Dragons’: Hatching Baby Toothless: Toothless comes to life inside the egg. Outside the egg, he plays games, moves, roars and purrs. $59.99, ages 5+.
53. Myla the Magical Unicorn: This unicorn glitters with lights as she talks and sings. Use the wand to change her colors. $59.99, ages 4+, vtechkids.com.
54. Disney Junior T.O.T.S. Nursery Headquarters Playset: Care for these baby animals until they’re ready to be delivered to their forever homes. $39.99, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
55. Cheeky Butts: A hot potato style family game of spot and match. $14.99, ages 6+, bananagrams.com.
56. Mad Moves: Perform ballet as a T-Rex or limbo like a baby. Get ready to dance like you’ve never before. $19.99, ages 8+, playmonster.com.
57. My First Memory Game Ocean: Learn about ocean animals as you match the pictures. $9.99, ages 2+, tlji.com.
58. Friends of a Feather: Add feathers to your bird each turn by drawing from the deck or trading away your unwanted ones to the nest. $19.99, ages 3+, ravensburger.us.
59. The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon Box of Lies Party Game: Challenge friends to the bluffing game of hilarious objects. $19.99, ages 10+, hasbrogaming.hasbro.com.
60. Pick Me Up, Piggy!: Tell stories, remember where to find hidden farm friends, take turns and work cooperatively to win the game. $19.9, ages 3+, mindware.com.
61. Meltdown: The ooey-gooey game of skill. Stack cubes on the putty goop that shifts and moves. $17.99, ages 7+, playmonster.com.
62. Butts Up: A fun twist on musical chairs. Fess up about things you’ve done, stuff you like and things you wish. $22.99, ages 7+ playmonster.com.
63. Marble Circuit: It’s logic, strategy and a brain game all in one. $24.95, ages 8+, mindware.com.
64. JAWS: A Game of Strategy and Suspense: A suspenseful tabletop strategy game that captures the edge-of your-seat excitement of the classic movie. $29.99, ages 10+, ravensburger.us.
65. Fish for Fish: Campers race against their friends to catch the most fish with their plastic spear. $19.99, ages 4+, yulutoys.com.
66. Disney Villainous – Wicked to the Core: Discover your unique abilities while dealing twists of fate to your opponents. $24.99, ages 10+, ravensburger.us.
67. KIC-Start – Kids in Conversation: A fun get-to-know-you card game with 150 conversation-starter questions great for kids and adults. $19.95, ages 13+, contenderbrands.com.
68. Heads Talk Tails Walk: Can you hop like a frog while clucking like a chicken? Have a blast trying. $14.99, ages, 3+, thinkfun.com.
69. Orangutwang: How much can you hang before he goes twaaang? Take turns hanging fruit and jungle friends on the orangutan. $22.99, ages 4+, playmonster.com.
70. Pencil Nose: A hilarious game where players have to use their sniffers to sketch the prompt. $24.95, ages 8+, fatbraintoyco.com.
Stocking Stuffers & Collectibles
71. Awesome Bloss’ems: Plant a seed and grow your very own doll. $6.99, ages 5+, spinmaster.com.
72. My Singing Monsters Exclusive 3 Pack of Musical Collectible Figures: Sing and harmonize with one another just as they do in the game. $34.99, ages 6+.
73. Pomsies Lumies: These interactive unicorn-like pets change colors to match the object they are sitting on. $19.99, ages 3+, skyrocketon.com.
74. Dragamonz Multipack: Smash and build a dragon army. $9.99, ages 5+, spinmaster.com.
75. Twisty Petz Cuddlez: Transform your animal by pulling the head and tail and now you have a wearable and fashionable boa. $12.99, ages 4+, twistypetz.com.
76. Rainbocorns Sequin Surprise Series 2 Plush: Features a unique gem heart and other surprises. $9.99, ages 3+, zuru.com.
77. Ryan’s World Super Surprise Safe: Push and reveal, smash and surprise, decode and discover all of the amazing surprises inside. $39.99, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
78. Pixie Belles: Enchanting interactive pets featuring multiple play modes and a Magnetic Power Pod that lets you attach them to your clothing. $12.99, ages 5+, wowwee.com.
79. Crayola Glitter Dots: Just squish each dot to create glitter-infused outputs for any craft or project. $4.99-$19.99, ages 5+, shop.crayola.com.
80. Shopkins Real Littles: Miniature versions of classic household brands with an iconic matching Shopkin inside. There are 52 miniature versions to collect. $9.99, ages 5+, moosetoys.com.
81. Rainbocorns Big Bow Surprise: Packed with more than 25 layers of fun and a giant cuddly surprise. $49.99, ages 3+, zuru.com.
82. Pinata Fiesta: There’s a party in every piñata. Surprises include charms, bracelets, rings and tons of confetti. $7.99, ages 4+, jakks.com.
83. Blume Doll: These dolls mix imaginative, over-the-top hairstyles with an awesome blooming effect for a surprising toy “reveal.” $9.99, ages 5+, blumedolls.com.
84. TLC Kritters: Take home the incubator and open to reveal which baby animal you’ve received. $9.99, ages 6+, redwood-ventures.com.
85. Dino Smashers Epic Egg: Explore the Jurassic world of the wackiest dinosaurs. $24.99, ages 3+, smashersworld.zuru.com.
86. Hatchimals Pixies: Feature super glittery hair, wiggling wings, poseable heads and sculpted fashion inspired by their Hatchtopia homes. $9.99, ages 5+, hatchimals.com.
87. HairDUDEables BFF 2-Pack: Introducing an all-new #dudesqaud with “big hair don’t care” attitude. $24.99, ages 3+, justplayproducts.com.
88. Jurassic World Snap Squad Assortment: Featuring fan-favorite dinosaurs with mouths that open to snap on to backpacks, lunch bags and more. $4.99, ages 4+.
89. Primo Foldable Lights Fold-Up Scooter: New dual-color, wide deck design and extra-large, wide integrated brakes. $79.99, ages 3+, globber.com.
90. Crazy Bocce: A new take on the classic game with erratic bounces and rolls. $19.99, ages 3+, funsparks.com.
91. Wild Ones: Dino and Unicorn kick scooters designed to help new riders learn to balance and build motor skills. $34.99, 30+ months, razor.com.
92. Kid Trax Rideamals Dino: Tot-sized triceratops featuring multiple types of interactive play: feed, pet, walk and ride. With a maximum speed of 1.5 MPH. $129, 18-30 months, kidtraxtoys.com.
93. Crazy Cart Shift: Features a simplified drift system, small, light frame and a speed control switch. $199.99, ages 6+, razor.com.
94. Free Wheelin’ Rider Sport Convertible Balance Bike: Start off as a 3-wheel push bike, then convert into a 2-wheel balance bike. $59.99, ages 1+, playmonster.com.
95. Fold & Go Rally Racer: Parent-powered and folds in three easy steps. $59.99, ages 1.5- 4, simplay3.com.
96. E-Punk: Electric-powered mini bike. Compact and portable, perfect for rolling and trolling the neighborhood. $159.99, 8+, razor.com.
97. X-Power Dozer: Kids can plow through rocks, dirt, wood, snow and toys. $59.99, ages 6+, jakks.com.
98. Turbo A Black Label: Kick your ride into high gear with this Razor electric scooter hitting speeds of up to 10 mph with up to 25 minutes of continuous riding. $129.99, ages 8+, razor.com.
99. EzyRoller Drifter Pro X: Curve your way longer with X-series seat, accessories and drifting mechanism. $139, ages 10+, ezyroller.com.
100. The Globber One K E-Motion – E10: A fast electric scooter for urban explorers and a fun ride for teens and adults. $299.99, ages 14+, globber.com.
Northeast Ohio Parent magazine editorial team gift suggestions:
Angela Gartner, Editor
Get Real Gear
“Playing dress-up is something every kid loves to do. However, if your kid is like mine, who really loves firefighters and a ‘toy’ costume is not enough, Get Real Gear has what you need. Thanks to his grandparents, my 10-year-old son has had different versions (black and tan) and sizes of this firefighter suit, which looks and feels like real bunker gear. The quality of the coat provides the perfect costume for anytime. He has visited fire stations in this gear, which now is filled with sewn-on station patches. It also has become his Halloween costume for several years. Not interested in firefighters? There’s a lot of different career suits for everyone.” $23-$58, ages 6 months-10 years, aeromaxtoys.com
Denise Koeth, Digital Content Manager
“If I had to pick a favorite toy out of those my boys have received over the years, it would be Magna-Tiles, hands down. We’ve spent countless hours playing with these STEM superstars, from building skyscrapers to constructing parking garages for toy cars. The colorful shapes have built-in magnets that make the pieces snap together, resulting in fun, educational play: motor skills, shapes and colors, geometry, engineering and more. Depending on the set, Magna-Tiles can be somewhat pricey, but I have found them to be well worth the investment.” $15-$130, ages 3+, magnatiles.com
Brandon Szuminsky, Assistant Editor
Strider Balance Bike
“The Strider Balance Bike is the best gift my son ever got. Built for little bodies, this pedal-less bike is a perfect way to introduce the concept of balancing on two wheels, which makes the later transition to a ‘real’ pedal bike a breeze. Plus, with adjustable seat and handlebars, it can grow with your child, making it a gift that won’t get shoved in the back of the garage, like tricycles and scooters. The ability to balance on two wheels he learned on the Strider meant that this summer, at age 4, my son easily started riding a pedal bike — without ever needing training wheels.” $89.99, ages 18 months-5 years, striderbikes.com